Today, I have an interesting recipe for you. I’m going to show you how to make a carrot orange semi-homemade cake. The ingredients are as follow:
1 box of yellow cake
1 cup of milk of water
1/3 cup of vegetables oil of your choice
½ cup of all-purpose flour
One carrot, cut small about ½ cup
One orange peel
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Let your yeast proof. The key is to use very warm water (about 110 degrees). Adding honey to the yeast helps it proof even faster. Let the yeast proof for at least 5 minutes. Remember to always use fresh yeast. You will know the yeast is working when it starts to form a creamy foam on the surface.
- Use whole wheat or half white bread flour and half whole wheat flour. If you have a wheat grinder, you can grind your own wheat. If not, look for organic whole wheat flour. You can always use half white flour and half whole wheat flour if you like a lighter bread.
- Use a stand mixer. This bread recipe is easiest with a stand mixer such as a Bosch. I love my Bosch mixer because it makes this bread so much easier! This is a huge time saver as you knead the bread for 10-12 minutes in the mixer. It saves you from doing it yourself! If you don’t own a stand mixer, you can knead the bread dough by hand.
- Let rise in warm oven. This expedites the rising process and cuts the time in half. Set the oven to about 200 degrees and let the bread rise for approximately 20 minutes or until double in size. Here are my favorite loaf pans.
- Bake until golden brown. Heat the oven to 350 degrees and bake until golden on the outside. Remove from oven and spread butter over top of loaves to give moisture and shine.
Watch the video below.
Also read: How to make facial serum with hyaluronic acid.
Note: Maryse Isma is a longtime contributor to CSMS Magazine.
Follow CSMS Magazine on Facebook: www.facebook.com/csmsmagazine
Also, you can subscribe to our YouTube channel.