Active: 20 minutes Total: 40 minutes
Tossing the roasted cauliflower and potatoes with the creamy tarragon dressing while they’re hot infusing them with flavor. The cornichons are an unexpected, delicious addition to this potato salad dressing. If you don’t have any on hand, pickles or even relish would be good too.
1 medium russet potato, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon salt, divided
½ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
2 pounds chicken drumsticks
3 teaspoons dried tarragon, divided
4 cups cauliflower florets
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chopped cornichons
1 tablespoon minced shallot
2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss potato, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread evenly on the prepared pan. Add chicken to the pan and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons tarragon and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken and potatoes on the bottom rack for 15 minutes. Stir cauliflower into the potatoes. Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a drumstick without touching bone registers 165°F and the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes more. Move the pan to the upper rack and turn the broiler to high. Broil until the chicken starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, cornichons, shallot and mustard with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon tarragon in the bowl.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Add the vegetables and any pan drippings to the dressing and toss to coat. Serve the chicken with the salad.
Note: All these recipes can be found in Eaten Well Magazine.
Follow CSMS Magazine on Facebook: www.facebook.com/csmsmagazine