Keeping up with the same theme, I’m proposing another healthy dish. Besides a rigorous exercise, eating right is what gives you the positive attitude that you need to overcome your daily stressor. The recipe is as follow:
- 1 1/4 pounds parsnip spieled and sliced
- 1/2-inch-thick 1 1/4 pounds carrots peeled and sliced
- 1/2 inch thick
- One 1 1/4-pound celery root—peeled quartered and sliced
- 1/2-inch-thick 1 1/4 pounds golden beets peeled
- Sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey 6 thyme sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the root vegetables with the oil, honey and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Divide between 2 large, sturdy rimmed baking sheets. Cover with foil and roast for 40 minutes, shifting the pans once, until the vegetables are tender. Remove the foil and roast for 10 minutes longer, until glazed. Return them to the bowl and stir in the vinegar then season with salt and pepper. Serve right away.
Note: You can also find this recipe in the magazine Eating Well at www.eatingwell.com
Martine Berger is one of our contributors, covering health as well as cooking recipes. She now lives and works in Edmonton, Canada.
Follow CSMS Magazine on Facebook: www.facebook.com/csmsmagazine
On Twitter: www.twitter.com/csmsmaga